Related Posts with Thumbnails

Canon 7D 720p60 to 240 fps via Motion 4

[postlink]http://tuta-videos.blogspot.com/2010/11/canon-7d-720p60-to-240-fps-via-motion-4.html[/postlink]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyvLlmXH_AUendofvid
[starttext]
I've seen a lot of demos here featuring Twixtor, but too few showing the easy-to-obtain results from Optical Flow Technology as embodied in Apple's FCS-Motion 4 processing.

Motion 4 makes converting a file like this very simple and easy to obtain. I shot it as part of a demonstration series of images that appear in my "HDSLR the billion things you need..." eBook about HDSLR shooting and editing. Poke around digitalsecrets.net or hdslrreview.com for more about that.

The eBook is aimed between the eyes of still photographers converting their thought processes to motion photography, so all sorts of HD movies are embedded in the eBook pages. This one shows how Motion 4 can be coaxed to convert a 720p60 image into a 240 fps result.

If I had it to do over, I would have used a shorter shutter speed to capture the skateboarder more clearly. I think the 1/60 sec shutter speed I used produces too much motion blur for slow motion processing.

Frankly, I think that Motion 4 is one of those Must-Have tools I couldn't live without. Especially when you consider that Motion 4 is a side program in the Final Cut Studio suite of programs that includes Final Cut Pro, Soundtrack Pro, LiveType, QuickTime Pro, Color, Compressor, DVD Studio Pro and a bunch of other things. All for a grand.

On some simple shots, I've been able to slow things down to 5% of normal speed with virtually no obvious artifacts
[endtext]

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

من فضلك اضف رد